“Publishing a book is like stuffing a note into a bottle and hurling it into the sea. Some bottles drown, some come safe to land, where the notes are read and then possibly cherished, or else misinterpreted, or else understood all too well by those who hate the message. You never know who your readers might be.”
― Margaret Atwood
The publishing industry is often unfair in its exclusion of new and aspiring writers from exposure to the world of publishing. PepperScript is a young and promising New Delhi-based publishing house that seeks to change this dynamic. We don’t discriminate between solicited and unsolicited manuscripts; we don’t care whether you are a literary veteran or a newbie; for that matter, we don’t even ask you to have all your T’s capped and I’s dotted. Anyone and everyone who dreams of telling a story or sharing their thoughts deserves a chance to get published. We believe in the power of storytelling: if you have a story you believe in, everything else can be worked on.
We do not publish academic or educational books that serve as teaching or study aids. If you have a manuscript ready for a fiction, non-fiction or children’s book, submit it to us in the format detailed below and we will get back to you with our evaluation and further ideas on it.
- Send us .doc or .docx files supported with a cover letter.
- Acknowledge our confirmation e-mail.
- Be patient.
- Spam us.
- Call us to enquire regarding your submission.
As part of your submission (in English), send us:
- A detailed summary of your manuscript in not more than 1000 words and a potential back-page summary or book blurb in not more than 250 words.
As part of your submission (in Hindi or any regional language), send us:
- The complete typed manuscript in .doc or .docx (MS Word) format.
We hope you understand that we get submissions on a daily basis, and as much as we want to evaluate your submission as soon as possible, it most often takes a long time. Do please give us 2 to 3 weeks to look into your submission at length. Feel free to drop us a reminder mail once it has been 4 weeks to your submission. If we like what we see, we will certainly ask for the complete manuscript. However, our request for the complete manuscript does not guarantee publication of your work. We will take another 2 to 3 weeks to evaluate the complete manuscript and get back to you. We request your cooperation and patience throughout the process.
Direct all your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips to make your manuscript easy to evaluate :
- Use simple fonts like Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri or Georgia.
- The body text should be of font size 12 or 14 points. Keep at least single line spacing throughout the text.
- Start every new chapter from a fresh page.
- Make sure to add footnotes and credit notes on the go, wherever necessary.
“Dream up a book on Monday, publish it on Friday.”
― Jill Novak